Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (GB MET) has now merged with the Chichester College Group (CCG). From 1 August 2022, all GB MET staff have transferred to employment with CCG; employment terms and conditions will remain the same.
Any candidates joining the College from 1 August onwards will be employed by CCG under their terms and conditions.
At GB MET, we believe it is our job to celebrate ambition, unlock potential and transform lives, in an environment that is dedicated to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, and which prioritises the wellbeing of both staff and students.
The College is in an exciting stage of its journey to achieve its vision of being an exceptional provider of technical, vocational and professional education. We offer a range of fulfilling opportunities for different levels of experience and subject expertise. If you have a passion for education, this role is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant and creative community and help us to take the next step.
Specialist Technician - Fashion (West Durrington Campus)
22.5 hours per week, Term TIme Only working 38 weeks per year
Based at the Northbrook, West Durrington Campus
We have an exciting career opportunity to join our team of skilled Specialist Technicians at our West Durrington Campus.
The successful candidate will provide technical Fashion support to staff and students and be responsible for the daily safe operation of the learning environment equipment and teaching resources, and the general supervision of the fashion workshops. Ensuring health and safety guidelines are adhered to will underpin all activities in the workshops.
Typical duties will include:
- assisting students with technical issues related to pattern cutting and garment construction
- monitor stock and ordering
- maintenance of machines and equipment, organising servicing
- creating technical samples and handouts
- creating clothing blocks and toiles for student use
- preparing workshops for teaching sessions
Essential criteria requirements
- Relevant industrial/subject experience
- Working knowledge of the relevant vocational area
- Following/applying Health and Safety procedures
- Relevant specialist subject area qualification to: level 5 minimum, or level 6 (desirable)
- Competency in using the relevant tools/equipment
- Committed to student support
The post is for 3 days a week, term time only over 38 weeks. The days needed are: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
We may consider requests for job share
Interviews will be held on 18 October 2022
For further details of this role please click on the Job Description above.
Please note that we do not accept CV applications and you must complete our online application form to be considered for this position.
The college is committed to the safeguarding of learners and vulnerable adults and promotes the welfare of all students and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and any overseas checks where necessary.
The college is a Disability Confident employer and promotes diversity and inclusion.