At GB MET, we believe it is our job to celebrate ambition, unlock potential and transform lives, in an environment that is dedicated to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, and which prioritises the wellbeing of both staff and students.
The College is in an exciting stage of its journey to achieve its vision of being an exceptional provider of technical, vocational and professional education. An internal reorganisation has created a range of new and fulfilling opportunities for different levels of experience and subject expertise. If you have a passion for education, this role is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant and creative community and help us to take the next step.
Deputy Head of Learning for Accountancy
0.8FTE - 29.6 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head of Learning for Accountancy/AAT to lead on the delivery of a high quality AAT provision to adult learners across our newly refurbished site in Brighton and in Broadwater in Worthing. You will support the Head of Learning to lead a high performing, efficient teaching, learning and assessment area, ensuring outstanding student success and outstanding levels of staff and customer satisfaction.
Main purpose and scope of the post:
- To promote and enable the expectations of the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment within the curriculum area, ensuring that all students develop knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities within a secure, challenging and stimulating educational environment.
- To deliver an annual set of KPIs as agreed with the Head of Learning
- To work collaboratively and innovatively with staff to broaden the curriculum offer. As part of the curriculum review process, manage the review of FE and Apprenticeship programmes, AEB and commercial provision that leads to growth.
- To support new and existing staff to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment and associated processes.
- Deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment and outstanding support for learners, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
You will require a good level of professional specialist sector/subject knowledge within Accountancy/AAT, and some experience of delivering this subject specialism. You will also require a demonstrable track record of delivering high quality teaching, learning and assessment and an understanding and knowledge of curriculum organisation and administration within Further Education. Some experience of apprenticeships would also be desirable.
You should hold an academic qualification at Level 5 / Level 6, or a professional qualification equivalent in Accountancy/AAT and a relevant vocational qualification. You require previous relevant industry experience and should hold a full and recognised teaching qualification.
Interviews to be held during the week commencing 8 November 2021
For further details of this role please click on the Job Description above.
Please note that we do not accept CV applications and you must complete our online application form to be considered for this position.
The college is committed to the safeguarding of learners and vulnerable adults and promotes the welfare of all students and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and any overseas checks where necessary.
The college is a Disability Confident employer and promotes diversity and inclusion.